Cold winters and hot, humid summers in Madison, NJ makes the area even more susceptible to plumbing issues. That’s why having the name of a trusted plumbing company is critical. At PHD Mechanical Inc, we’re committed to helping area homeowners with everything from burst pipes to boiler repairs to water heater replacement. Since 1990, we’ve been a trusted name in the industry for our commitment to quality workmanship and customer service.
Wondering why homeowners call us anytime they have a plumbing issue? Just read our testimonialsto find out.
Full Plumbing Solutions to Meet Your Needs
At PHD Mechanical Inc, we set ourselves apart by staying on top of cutting edge technology and tools to provide you with the safest, most accurate service possible. This also helps us provide you with a full range of options when it comes to making your plumbing systems more efficient and cost effective in the long run. Some of the services we offer include:
- Drain Cleaning
- Water Leak Detection
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Boiler Repair and Replacement
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Water Heaters
Signs Your Water Heater May Need To Be Replaced
Is your water heater acting up? Is it more than 10-15 years old? If you answered yes to those two questions, then you may need to replace your water heater. Other signs that indicate you may need to invest in a water heater replacement soon include having a tank that is leaking or corroding, as this will only create more problems for you in the future.
However, if your water heater is relatively new and has an issue such as a burned out pilot light or an electrical issue, repair will suffice. In any case, we will always recommend the most cost-effective solution for you.
Difference Between Drain Cleaning vs. Drain Snaking
When you schedule professional services to remove a clogged drain, the technician might perform drain cleaning or drain snaking services. Some of the key differences between the two methods are:
- Drain snaking or cabling: A plumber will only remove the clog that is causing the blockage in your drain. The expert will insert a snake into the pipe that can be powered by a motor to rotate the cable to break up the blockage. This removes the clog, but it leaves the remnants of the blockage in your pipes, meaning the clog could return.
- Drain cleaning: With drain cleaning services, your pipes are completely flushed out, removing the clog and its particles. It also helps prevent clogs from forming by removing any small blockages before they get bigger.
We offer complete plumbing services to Morris County. Contact us to learn more and to schedule an appointment.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
Like all appliances, it’s important to perform maintenance on your garbage disposal to keep it working properly. Some tasks our experts recommend you perform regularly include:
- Avoid putting hard food items like corn husks and chicken bones down the disposal.
- Don’t put starchy foods, like potatoes, in the unit.
- When using the system, run water into the disposal and keep it running for a few seconds after it has been turned off.
- To keep the blades sharp, grind ice in the unit once a week.
- Clean your system with baking soda, vinegar, and water.
- Freshen your unit with lemons.